Adult Safeguarding - Tell Us

    ( for use by Professionals )

    To Tell Us as a concerned member of the public, please use the public referral form.

    Please use this form if you, as a Professional, wish to tell Dudley Council about a person for whom you have safeguarding concerns.

    If this is an Emergency and immediate action is needed, the Emergency Services should be contacted by calling 999.

    Otherwise, if your concern involves a Crime, such as assault, rape, theft or racial harassment then you should contact the Police by calling 101.

    If you are worried about contacting the Police and wish to talk things over first you can speak to our:

    • Access to Adult Social Care Team on 0300 555 0055 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
    • Emergency Duty Team on 0300 555 8574 outside these hours

    You can use this form without logging in

    You can choose on the next page whether to Tell Us using your portal account or to Tell Us Anonymously.

    The Anonymous route will still allow you to add your brief contact details, which we’d like to encourage you to do.

    Dudley Council professional staff should use the Anonymous route to raise concerns.

    Thank you for taking the time to Tell Us using our online form – use Begin below to start.

    What happens when you Submit your completed form?

    The information you provide goes to the Council's Safeguarding Team who will follow it up promptly.

    We will always take your concerns seriously.

    What we do next will depend on things like how much danger the person you have concerns about is in, how much support they need and what they want to happen.

    We may need to share information with other people, like the Police or healthcare professionals. This will only happen if it needs to, to keep the person safe. If we decide we do need to find out more about the abuse or concern reported and how to stop it, we will carry out a safeguarding enquiry.

    We will work to keep the person up to date with what is happening. The enquiry may take some time. If the enquiry finds that someone is at risk, then a safeguarding plan may be put into place to keep the person safe and protected.

    If you provide your details then, where appropriate, you will be kept informed about the progress throughout. However, this may not always be necessary or possible.

    Stephen Lonsdale
    Head of Adult Safeguarding

    Privacy & Disclaimer Statements

    The information that you provide today will be processed in accordance with Data Protection legal requirements.

    To find out more about how we process your personal information please read the Adult Social Care Privacy Notice.

    Further information can also be found within Dudley Council's Corporate Privacy & Disclaimer Statement.